How to stop damp problems
Do you want to prevent damp problems in the future? Have you had damp proofing issue in the past and want to stop damp problems returning? If so, read our five steps on how to stop damp problems becoming an issue within your home below.
Five steps on how to stop damp problems
To help stop damp problems, simply follow the "five R's":
- Regular maintenance. Check and clean out gutters, down pipes and seal any leaking joints.
- Regular inspections. Have a competent person inspect the property approx every two years for signs of water ingress.
- Rapid action. As soon as you detect a damp problem, deal with it quickly. The longer you leave it the more costly the damp problem will become.
- Remove moisture out of the building. Use vents in bath rooms, above cookers etc preferably Humidistat controlled. This helps to prevent condensation problems.
- Renew bath and shower seals on a regular basis.
Stop my damp problems now
As much as it is great to be preventative to stop damp problems emerging, sometimes unsuspected damp problems just happen. If that is the case, you might want to visit our damp proofing web section or call 0800 65 22 678 for some help and advice. Alternatively, contact us online using our contact form.
Further information to stop damp problems
For further information and help on how to stop damp problems, damp proofing or property problems general, visit the following web pages:
Speak to an expert to help stop damp problems
If you just want to speak to someone with regards to getting some help towards a particular damp problem you have, call 0800 65 22 678 our use our contact form and we will arrange for some to call and speak to you at a time that's convenient for you.