Peter Cannon - Wise Property Care surveyor
Peter Cannon is a surveyor for Wise Property Care and has been in the preservation industry for over 25 years.
Peter's vast experience in the preservation industry and is a senior surveyor for Fife and Central Scotland.
Peter Cannons's specialties include: Preservation surveying, damp proofing, dry and wet rot, condensation, rising damp, timber.
Contact and Follow Wise peter cannon
Say 'Hello' to Peter. You can call him on 07714 677 995 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also connected with Peter online via Linked In at: www.linkedin.com/in/peterkcannon.
Learn More about Peter Cannon
Tell us about yourself?
- 53 years young, with partner Grace and young son George.
- Live in Falkirk and have done so all my life except a 5 year stay in London.
- 27 years in preservation industry, started in industry in London with phoenix preservation many moons ago.
What are your new responsibilities?
- New position of senior surveyor for white preservation North East Fife.
- Responsible for the retention of existing client base within North East Fife and for the development of new clients within the patch.
- Surveying on a daily basis together with supervision of sites to ensure the client gets what is detailed on the report.
- Recently tasked to assist Colin in development of West Fife.
What qualifications do you have?
- C.S.R.T. qualified remedial treatment surveyor.
- Bsc. Environmental Health.
- M.I.C. Mountaineering Instructors Certificate.
What are your past times and interests?
Hill walking, cycling, canoeing, camping, and golf.
What was your first job?
- Trainee building surveyor Falkirk Council.
- Started straight from school.
- Was down the pits aged 10 but I don’t this that should be mentioned.
What has been the biggest challenge of your career?
Changing attitude when I moved to London. The whole place operates completely different to Scotland. It was a very difficult period that took months of self discipline to overcome.
What has been your career highlight?
Working with Ogilvie Builders as MD of their small preservation division.
what do you think is the next big thing in THE PRESERVATION MARKET?
Extension of the condensation products to whole house clean air systems. As current build specs are upgraded and buildings are effectively airtight, internal air quality is likely to suffer particularly in the rental market.
What in your opinion is the one thing above all that sells a house?
Location is the prime sales point.
What advice would you offer to those looking to be Specialist Surveyor?
Be prepared to work very hard developing relationships. This is the key to long term success and repeat business.
If money was no object where would you live?
Dublin. The money is for the beer.
Which celebrity would you most like to work with?
My mate Nick Nairn but I can’t cook so that rules that one out. He is a work-a-holic. But also a great family guy.