Lawyers to update damp and timber records


Freephone :

Legal professional in Scotland are being asked to update their records relating to damp and timber enquires over protection and preservation within buildings.

The Property Care Association (PCA), which represents the UK's damp proofing, wood preservation, basement waterproofing and structural repair sectors, took over the former British Wood Preserving and Damp proofing Association (BWPDA) in 2006, and has since been a standalone association representing the damp and timber industry.

It still incorporates the BWPDA, but specification and enquires should now be directed to the PCA.

Yasmin Chopin, executive director of the PCA said: "Property professionals in the legal sector have for many years contacted the BWPDA for advice on damp and related matters.”

"We still find that enquires come to us in the name of the BWPDA, and would urge people to come directly to the PCA."

As well as delivering a trusted property repair procedure, PCA Members such as Wise Property Care, are able to carry out specialist surveys as part of the house buying procedure to identify potential damp and timber problems, as well as a range of other services.

For more information on damp related issues

For more information on damp and damp related issues then visit the following web pages:

Alternatively to speak to a damp expert then call us on 0800 65 22 678 or use the contact us web page to get in touch.