How to treat Wet rot
The first and most important step in wet rot treatment is ensuring the source of moisture has been removed and that the surrounding area where wet rot growth has occurred is dried out. Only then can proper treatment eradicate the fungus.
With a small wet rot outbreak, infected timber can be cut away and a new piece of treated timber joined to whatever remains. This type of wet rot treatment is often enhanced using a suitable fungicide treatment.
In more severe cases, where the timber affected by wet rot has lost most of its strength, it is often necessary to remove the timber in its entirety and replace it with new timber that is pre-treated against the potential germination of wet rot spores.
The worst case scenario is when wet rot occurs in structural timbers (such as roof trusses, floor joists). In these case extensive building work may have to be undertaken for a property to reagin its structural integrity.
In any of the above cases, the fully qualified and experienced experts at Wise Property Care are here to help.
Professional wet rot treatment
If you suspect a wet rot outbreak in your property, a professional wet rot survey from Wise Property Care will be able to identify it.
Wise Property Care are at the cutting edge of timber treatment and are experts at identifying wet rot and our team of surveyors and technicians will be able to recommend and implement the best treatment programme for you.
How we approach wet rot treatment
Our trained surveyors and technicians will:
- Identify and recommend removal of the source of moisture that is causing the wet rot
- Identify the nature, type and extent of the wet rot and decay
- Test any timbers affected by wet rot
- Propose the cure for the rot with full specification and method statement for the rot treatments
- Replace or remove any timber affected by wet rot with treatment timber
- Apply a fungicidal treatment to the timber and surrounding area where necessary
- Advise what additional steps (if any) are required to safeguard the property
- Ensure your home is left safe
Whatever the level of wet rot within your property, any wet rot treatment from Wise Property care carries our 'real and meaningful' 20 year property care guarantee for complete peace of mind.
Contact us regarding wet rot treatment
If you want a visit from from of our expert surveyors then call us today on: 08006522678
Alternatively, you can request a survey online using the form below and out team will get back to you.